"Camerahead" (alternatively "Cameraheads", or "I Killed a Camerahead") is a lost Creepypasta, that revolved around a character's descent into madness after discovering the existence of entities known as the Cameraheads. The story and associated characters supposedly predate other Creepypasta characters such as Slender Man, The Rake, Smile Dog, and Jeff the Killer.
An anonymous 4chan user discovers a backpack with items in it, whether it be scattered books and a note, or a tape, broken camera, and a letter. He finds the written message, "I killed a Camerahead". The user then finds himself being stalked by the Cameraheads, posting photos of them as they hunt him.
The Cameraheads had two separate forms, had been sighted as early as the 1950s, and were connected to UFO sightings.
Discovery of Loss
On 13 February 2014, an anonymous poster asked whether other users remembered or had the Camerahead pasta. Only one reply was received, asking whether the op was inquiring after the "Hellraiser III" character.
Evidence of Existence
The page "Camerahead" was once present on the no-longer-extant /x/ board wiki /x/enopedia, in the categories "Bullshit" (indicating oversaturation), "Videos" (indicating the presence of a video in the article), and "Stub" (indicating the brevity of the article at that time). Those category pages were saved only once each, on 19 August 2009.
In the "Categories" category of the site, archived on the same date, one can see the that the Bullshit, Videos, and Stub categories all have the same number of pages as shown in their respective archived pages. However, the next date it was archived, 22 April 2010, shows that the Bullshit category had fallen to six pages, possibly indicating that either the Camerahead page or other pages were removed from the category.
- In 2018, Pastebin user Ein_schmutzig_Junge compiled a Pastebin document labeled the "Chart of Truth", compiling resources about common topics on the /x/ board. The Cameraheads section remains empty.
- DeviantArt artist Gallibon created their own character, "CameraMask", explicitly noting its derivation from the lost Camerahead story.
- blameitonjorge discussed the story in the video "Lost Media Case Files Vol 1.", stating his belief that the story was real and that it would one day be rediscovered.
- Horror artist charcoalman revealed his take on the Camerahead character in a piece called "Cameraheads".
- Cameraheads (lost creepypasta; 2008) on the Lost Media Wiki
- Cameraheads on the ObscUrban Legend Wiki
- /r/cameraheads The official Camerahead search subreddit
- Camerahead on /x/enopedia (Link deleted; not archived on the Wayback Machine)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Lost Obscure Creepypasta Named "Camerahead" - Hope1820 - /r/creepypasta
- ↑ Cameraheads (lost creepypasta; 2008) - Lost Media Wiki
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 No.20126125 - Anonymous - 2 January 2018 - archive4plebs
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "I've been here since '09 but I'm absolutely sure I've read about it as recently as '14 or '15 though it might be hard to find because that particular time I had found it as a jpg of a greentext in a thread for greentexts, I remember when I'd first heard of it, it described the camera heads as being something of a biomechanical creature with two different forms, I think it said they'd been witnessed as far back as the 50's and may have had some relation to UFO sightings but that part I'm not positive on. Good luck searching I know for a fact it's out there somewhere, I'll look through my jpgs and post a new thread if I find it." - Anonymous - 5 March 2020 - archived.moe
- ↑ No.14171570 - Anonymous - 13 February 2014 - archive4plebs
- ↑ Category:Bullshit - /x/enopedia - 19 August 2009 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Category:Videos - /x/enopedia - 19 August 2009 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Category:Stub - /x/enopedia - 19 August 2009 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Special:Categories - /x/enopedia - 19 August 2009 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Special:Categories - /x/enopedia - 22 April 2010 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Chart of Truth - Ein_schmutzig_Junge - 25 April 2018
- ↑ CameraMask - Gallibon - 13 April 2020 - DeviantArt
- ↑ Lost Media Case Files Vol 1. - blameitonjorge
- ↑ Cameraheads - charcoalman - 4 August 2020 - DeviantArt
- ↑ television time - 15 September 2008 - Teagle - DeviantArt
- ↑ No.25331401 - Anonymous - 23 June 2020 - archive4plebs
- ↑ No.25340481 - Anonymous - 24 June 2020 - archive4plebs
- ↑ Lucky for you, some Anon on /co/ in a creepypasta thread that popped up found the source and it is in fact two images put together. - Anonymous - 17 August 2020 - /x/
- ↑ You've Been Framed: Ugh! Creepy Scenes! - 8 May 2016 - SuperSmasher 1 - YouTube
- ↑ 4Chan Threads Text Archive Ten Billion 2009 - Internet Archive
- ↑ Hi! This SHOULD be the first iteration of the first ever SCP article (SCP-173), which as you may know has been missing from the Internet for a long time. - dasMaymay - 9 October 2018 - /r/SCP
- ↑ Jeff the Killer (2008) - Lost Creepypasta found on 4chan - Teridax2000 - 27 July 2020 - SuperEpicFailpedia
- ↑ Tree Dog - A lost anonymous creepypasta found on 4chan - Teridax2000 - 26 July 2020 - SuperEpicFailpedia
- ↑ 9 Scary TRUE Reddit Stories - Halloween Celebration - Lazy Masquerade - 2 November 2016 - YouTube
- ↑ Must not have looked too hard. I got your back though, Jack - 25 August 2020 - archive4plebs
- ↑ In the spirit of Halloween - Paranormal or not, what is the scariest, creepiest or most unsettling experience of your life? - Javert_ - 23 October 23 - /r/AskReddit