|“||If there's one thing you know about Markiplier, it's that I have many, many mortal sins to my name.||”|
–Markiplier, Los Angeles, California - Are You Ready For Christmas QUIZ
Markiplier was a Human Let's Player from the Internet Reviewer Multiverse, one who specialized in reviewing horror games. He frequently collaborated with Muyskerm and LordMinion777, as well as Yamimash and JackSepticEye, and was supported by his close ally Tiny Box Tim.
Apart from Slenderman, he had nemeses in the form of an evil twin, Darkiplier, an evil copy of Tiny Box Tim, who went by the name of Hardwood, as well as the infamous Crazed Butt-Stabber, and the lesser known foe, the Mad Forest Puncher. As Darkiplier was to Markiplier, Dark Bob and Dark Wade were to Muykserm and LordMinion777.
Slender Man Harassment Campaign
Following the Rake Trials of '09, Slender Man was granted immunity for any complicity in the crimes. He went to live in the forest, turning his life to art. Markiplier entered the forest soon after, looting the art that the Slender Man had chosen to hang around the forest. (SKETCH: The Fall of Slender Man)
Markiplier was interviewed by Wilford Warfstache shortly afterwards. In the interview, he expressed no remorse for his thieving ways, claiming "Slender Man ain't got shit on my swag! Yoloooooooooooo!" (SKETCH: The Fall of Slender Man)
Markiplier and the others followed the Slender Man into the city, and when the Slender Man turned himself in to the police, Mark continued his campaign of harassment and thievery while the Slender Man was in prison. Mark and the others (Including Warfstache) ganged up on the Slender Man, beating him mercilessly. (SKETCH: The Fall of Slender Man)
Soon after hitting 80,000 subscribers, Markiplier had the idea to smear peanut butter on his face, so as to have squirrels lick it off. When questioned why he might want to do that, Mark had no answer, choosing instead to run outside in his backyard, proclaiming himself "King of the Squirrels". (SKETCH: King of the Squirrels)
A Whole Week of Amazing Videos
While playing with a handheld video game, Markiplier heard a rattling at the door. He went to the door in disgust as the rattling became more violent, before hearing Wade calling out his name. With a sigh of resignation, Mark opened the door, as Wade leaned in through the crack and began talking in an unnerving manner about he'd missed Mark, and had come to Los Angeles with the intention of spending time with him. Unamused, Mark replied that the two of them wanting to hang out was the reason that he'd flown Wade to L.A. in the first place, and ordered him to come in. (SKETCH: Wade Loves Markiplier)
Mark was texting when he heard a ring at the door bell. Knowing it must be his friends Ryan and Daniel Kyre, he spastically fell backwards over the couch, before leaping up in joy and running to the door, opening it nonchalantly. He welcomed the pair to L.A. and invited them in, predicting that many amazing videos would be made during the time they were there. Walking up to Ryan, he placed his hands around his neck in a caring fashion, before nearly snapping it, saying that he respected him very much. He then placed his hand on Ryan's shoulder, sending the Cyndago star into a wave of ecstasy.
He then moved on to Daniel, removing the Cyndago star's hat before replacing it on his head. He then shook Daniel's hand, sending his friend into a wave of euphoric pleasure. As both Daniel and Ryan stood motionless from the effects of Markiplier's magical touch, Wade rose from the floor, smiling gleefully. Mark, angered by Wade's presence, demanded to know what he was doing there, leaning close enough for his nose to protrude into Wade's cheek. Markiplier then began caressing Wade's hair. Just several seconds of contact was enough to send Wade into orgasmic shock. Mark stood disgusted at Wade's enjoyment of his touch, before another ring of the doorbell distracted him and roused his three guests from their stupor.
Return from the Hospital
After getting out of the hospital, Markiplier claimed to hear the Squirrels calling to him, and he decided to once again smear peanut butter on his face, and run around in his backyard. In doing so, he received physical pain, but no doubt brought elation to his subjects. (SKETCH: King of the Squirrels Returns)
Trapped Inside Arnold
Markiplier was among the people JonTron called in to aid him in his fight against Darth Vader. Markiplier was unfortunately waylaid, having encountered a redheaded lady in possession of a "wizard-like" school bus, and had become trapped inside Arnold, after having been inside an olive that Arnold had ingested. Markiplier as a result became determined to help Arnold overcome strep throat. After JonTron found out that Goblin Head Boy was the sole support he would get from his squadron, he decided to call off the attack, and activated a self-destruct sequence in all the other X-Wings. Markiplier called out in fear as he was enveloped in flames from the exploding X-Wing. (WEB SERIES: X-WING)
Fidget Spinner Addiction
On St Patrick's Day, 2016, Markiplier was walking the streets, only to cross a fidget spinner dealer. He purchased a great deal of them, quickly becoming addicted, and running through the streets like a loon. He then locked himself in the bathroom. Eventually, Amy Nelson came to inquire what he was doing. Mark, during this time having grown an additional six arms, panicked and shouted out he had done nothing wrong. (SKETCH: FIDGET SPINNERS RUIN LIVES)
In November of 2016, Markiplier began hanging Christmas decorations, happily anticipating the coming of Christmas. It was then that he noticed a sinister figure outside his window, that moved to the door before bursting into his home. Despite his protests that Christmas was upon them, the Turkey dragged him off, before delivering a Thanksgiving message to onlookers. (SKETCH: Christmas Can Wait)
Markiplier is a very erratic, caustic, and oftentimes pyschotic person.
Fischbach described Markiplier as a "narcissistic asshole", who would use those around him to his advantage.
Weapons and Abilities
- Death Rejection: Markiplier has been killed many times, by being run over by a bus (SKETCH: The Fall of Slender Man), blunt force trauma after being hit by a car (SKETCH: Cyndago Kills Markiplier), being shot to death (SKETCH: Standoff), being stabbed to death (SKETCH: Warfstache Interviews Markiplier), even being frozen to death (SKETCH: Winter is Coming - OFFICIAL TRAILER). Shortly after each of these events, Markiplier returned to life, none the worse for wear.
- Murderous Pink Mustaches: Markiplier has the ability to fire oversized pink mustaches from his nipples. He has equated them to Batarangs, and said that it "...Still will kill you very dead."
- Occult Knowledge: Possibly taught to him by Celine. Once summoned Cthulhu. (SKETCH: MARKIPLIER (literally) SUMMONS CTHULHU)
- Body Swapping: Stole the corporeal form of Damien, and stranded him and Celine in another dimension. (SKETCH: Who Killed Markiplier?)
- Magic Touch: Markiplier has demonstrated the ability to cause instantaneous euphoria in the people he touches. The after-effect is that the victim is then left both mentally incapacitated and in a semi-paralytic state, although a doorbell was enough to rouse the three victims. (SKETCH: Markiplier's Magic Touch)
- Exceptional Strength: Markiplier once managed to pilfer a grandfather clock from the Slender Man, using only his bare hands. (SKETCH: The Fall of Slender Man)
- Popcorn Microwave: Markiplier owns a microwave that can seemingly any food item into popcorn, while leaving the container it was placed in as normal. (SKETCH: Popcorn)
- Minecraft Glasses: Markiplier owns a pair of Dollar Store sunglasses that permits the wearer to see an parallel dimension that occupies the same space as ours, that greatly resembles the world in the videogame Minecraft. (SKETCH: Real Life Minecraft)
- Magic Katana Stick: Markiplier owns what he refers to as a "Magic Katana Stick", though its magical properties are unknown. (SKETCH: I'm gonna beat you with my Magic Katana Stick if you don't get to the LIVESTREAM!)
- Exceptional Stamina: Markiplier kept up a constant rate of punching the air for a period of 41 days. (SKETCH: SAVE MARKIPLIER)
- X-Wing: Markiplier flew an X-Wing fighter while trying to aid JonTron in a space battle, but was distracted. (WEB SERIES: X-WING)
- Teleportation: Once teleported a short distance to place himself in front of people who had turned their backs to him. (SKETCH: Markiplier's Magic Touch)
- Wormhole Creation: Markiplier once reached behind himself to grab the hat off a person standing in front of him. His hand and arm reappeared behind the person's head, grabbed the hat off of the person's head, before his limb returned to its rightful place at Markiplier's side. (SKETCH: Markiplier's Magic Touch)
- Kung Fu: Markiplier learned kung fu, though was unsure of how it happened. (SKETCH: relax)
- The Serious Dance: A visually impressive dance that could cause physical injury, as well as summon Darkiplier. (SKETCH: The Way Too Serious Dance)
- Improvised Engineering: Markiplier was able to combine a piece of paper, a rose, a rock, and a pair of handcuffs, while using his spit as adhesive, to create a mobile phone. (WEB SERIES: A Date With Markiplier)
- Digging Skills: In school, Markiplier was a championship digger, and won "state". (WEB SERIES: A Date With Markiplier)
- Lock Picking: Despite never having picked a lock before, Markiplier was able to instaneously do so. (WEB SERIES: A Date With Markiplier)
- PS4 Controller: Markiplier possessed a PS4 controller with the unusual ability, where, after pressing the "X" button, an enemy could be forced to explode. (WEB SERIES: A Date With Markiplier)
- When asked whether Markiplier and JonTron were in the Plot Hole, and by extension whether they were canon to Atop the Fourth Wall, Lewis Lovhaug confirmed that they were.
- Both Markiplier and JonTron had photograph cameos in an episode of "The Angry Joe Show".
- ↑ a girl and a dog survive in a flood | The Flame in the Flood
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 These events happened off-camera, and are recorded only through the testament of the Slender Man.
- ↑ These events occurred off-screen and prior to the events of "Wade Loves Markiplier".
- ↑ While the video afterwards shows all of them getting up and walking off camera after Bob Muyskens laughing, this wiki treats only the events of the video prior to the break in character to be canon.
- ↑ These events happened off-screen during "X-WING".
- ↑ WHY KILLED MARKIPLIER?
- ↑ This is explained in "I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING" as Mark having been affected by the supernatural nature of Markiplier Manor, to having become functionally immortal. Prior to the events of the story, Markiplier attempted suicide on multiple occasions, the examples cited being, "stabbed 37 times, poisoned, beaten, strangled, drowned, and shot", all in that order. Each time, the house resurrected him. As Wilford Warfstache's continuing unusual nature is also attributed by Fischbach to the Manor, it's likely that Markiplier's continuing resurrections are a result of his time in the Manor.
- ↑ Markiplier Adventures: Fan Game EXTRAORDINAIRE!
- ↑ As Fischbach has stated that Wilford Warfstache's sometimes voluntary and sometimes not variation on teleportation is due to his time in Markiplier Manor, it's logical to assume that Markiplier's one instance of demonstrating this ability was an after-affect of his time in the Manor.
- ↑ Can be seen in the video "Stick Together"; it's used against Chef in a parody of video game quick time events.
- ↑ Pokemon White Randomized Nuzlocke Stream 12-1-18